Here’s a complete guide on how to use the BeReal app. BeReal is a new social media network that prioritizes authenticity without filters and edits.
Unlike other social media, this app gives users an unfiltered view of each other’s lives. Every day, you post one, and only one photo of what you’re doing in real-time.
Now let’s take a closer look at how the BeReal app works, whether it’s really different, and what to expect from this relatively new photo sharing network.
What is the BeReal app?
The BeReal app was first launched in December 2019 in France. After a slow start, its popularity soared in 2022 after some major media coverage.
With over 20 million downloads and reaching the top of Apple’s App Store charts, BeReal is one of the hottest social media apps in the world today.
The main distinguishing feature of the application is a daily notification that prompts the user to share a photo of themselves and their surroundings during a randomly selected two-minute period of time every day.
By documenting ordinary moments in their daily lives, users share moments that may be more authentic than they seem on Instagram.
We all know, most of the pictures of people we see online, especially on Instagram and Snapchat, are mostly from edits.
BeReal created by Alexis Barreyat urges people to stop curating and present themselves as they are today. This image-based app is Snapchat without filters and Instagram without edits.
How Does BeReal Work?
Every day, you will be asked by the app to take a picture within a limited period of two minutes. The app will simultaneously take pictures from the front and back cameras, showing you and your life.
This Prompt is random, so if you get a confirmation at 5pm today, it could be tomorrow at 11am—no one knows.
What are the benefits of this? You will not prepare yourself and your environment in advance for the photographs because, of course, they will not be original.
You can take the picture back if you don’t like the first one, but the app will tell your friends how many times you take it back.
If your post goes beyond the two-minute period, your friend will receive a notification as it may mean you are changing your environment or taking the time to look presentable.
This app also allows you to react to your friends ‘ BeReals through RealMojis. However, you should take a picture of yourself to capture your reaction, not just type some common emoji.
For example, if your friend posts a funny picture of his pet, click on the laughing RealMoji and take a picture of your face that looks like you are laughing.
Similarly, if you like a post, you can create a thumb pose and react to that image.
How To Use The BeReal App
- Download application BeReal in advance on mobile Android or iPhone Agan.
- Enter phone number, full name, date of birth, and username Agan to create an account.
- You will receive a confirmation code on the phone number you added. Now enter the code to continue.
- Once you login, the app will ask you to access your contacts and add friends from your contact list. If your friend is not using the app, you can click Do N’t Allow to prevent apps from accessing your contacts.
- The app asks you to take a picture right after you create an account. It will send you a notification to take a picture. Click on notifications and take two pictures (from back and front camera) within 2 minutes.
- Then, add a caption and choose whether you only want to show it to friends or everyone. Click Send to post it. All the pictures you take will be visible in the Memory section, which you can access by clicking on the User icon in the upper right corner of the homepage.
- It is also important to note that if you do not post a picture a day, you will not be able to see your friends ‘ BeReals.
- You can see other people’s BeReals in the section Discovery. To respond, click emoji in the lower left corner of the post.
- If you are not satisfied with the image you posted, You can delete it. However, BeReal only allows you to delete one image in a day. Click on the picture and select Delete my BeReal. In the next window, select why you want to delete your BeReal and press Delete.
- BeReal also has a Snapchat-like map that lets you see where your friends are. However, this feature is optional, so if you do not give permission to the app to access your location, then your friends cannot find you.
That’s The Complete Guide How to use BeReal app. I hope this article was helpful to you! Thank you for visiting.