Here’s a guide on how to save voice messages on Instagram. Thanks to modern technology, communication has never been easier. Especially with the introduction of social media apps like Instagram, reaching your family and friends around the world is a breeze.
All you need to do is go to your Instagram messenger and type a message. Alternatively, you can leave a voice message instead of sending a long text message.
Well, whatever your reason for using voicemail, there may come a time when you want to save the audio for later listening.
Most people would think that saving a voicemail on IG is as easy as long-pressing or right-clicking it and selecting “Save” or “download”. But unfortunately there is no option to save sound clips from the IG app.
Therefore, in this article, safespedia will share how to save voice messages on Instagram on Android phones and on PCs.
How to save voice messages on Instagram
There is no direct way to save voice messages on Instagram. But, there is a solution that you can do, namely by utilizing the screen recorder on your phone.
Screen Recorder allows you to record webinars, videos, and even voice messages directly. Screen Recorder allows you to record not only the recording, but also the accompanying sound.
Saving voice messages on Instagram using the Screen Recorder app
- Tap the IG app on your Android phone’s home screen to launch it .
- Once you are on the IG “home” page, press the messenger icon.
- On the “Messenger” page, find the DM where the voicemail is located and tap it. This step will redirect you to the chat page.
- Before you play a voice message, slide your finger up/down your phone screen to access the notification tray.
- Find the “Screen Recorder” Button and tap it. The app will automatically start recording when you activate it.
- Tap the red “Record” button to start the recording process.
- Then, go back to the Instagram chat page that you opened and press the voice message to start playing it.
- After the voice message stops playing, press the red “Screen Recorder” button to stop recording. A message Prompt will then tell you that the video file is stored in ” gallery.”
- Open the “gallery” app on your phone and tap the newly saved screen recording to play it. You can even trim it if you want the video to be the same length as the voice message itself.
You can also choose to convert your recorded voice messages into MP3 files by downloading a third-party video file converter app.
Saving voice messages on Instagram using Audio recording apps on PC
Make sure you have downloaded the screen recorder app and added it as an extension before continuing the process. For example, I will install the application “Chrome Audio Capture“from the Google Chrome web Store.
- Open Google Chrome and launch Instagram.
- On the Instagram “Home” page, click on the messenger icon in the menu bar.
- Once you are inside the “Messenger” page, scroll down until you see a DM with a voice message in it. Click to select it.
- Open the “Chrome Audio Capture”app. Then, select the “Start Capture” option to start recording.
- Go back to the IG chat page you opened and click voicemail to play it.
- After the voice message stops playing, click ” Save Capture “on the” Chrome Audio Capture ” application to stop recording.
- Save the MP3 file to the computer you are using and name it accordingly.
That’s the guide on how to save voice messages on Instagram. I hope this article was helpful to you! Thank you for visiting.